How to Deploy Knowledge Assets to Enable Knowledge Flow

February 7th, 2013 : By Anna Griffith :

Do your knowledge assets reach the right target?

In my previous blog, A Powerful Way to Make You Knowledge Flow, I discussed ways to make your knowledge assets operate. In this blog, I will discuss how to deploy a knowledge asset in the enterprise situation where it will be used.

Harvesting knowledge is discussed in this series, but harvesting is an academic exercise  if practitioners don’t have access to the knowledge asset during problem solving and decision making.

Deploy a knowledge asset in the enterprise situation where it will be used. If the knowledge is needed beside a machine on a manufacturing floor, then that is where the knowledge asset should go. If the knowledge is needed on a mobile device at a customer site, then that is where the knowledge asset should go.

Storing and searching on documents, tweets, email, blogs and data is very important.  But, helping with problem solving and decision making is a different category of knowledge transfer and knowledge flow.

Experienced practitioners have strategies for diagnosis, troubleshooting, planning, prediction, explanation, monitoring and assessment.  How practitioners execute their strategies and leverage knowledge during problem solving is critical to successful  knowledge flow.

When I ask, ” Do your knowledge assets reach the right target?”, I mean:

• Does your team know the best problem solving strategies?
  • Does your team know how to bring to bear the right knowledge at the right time?
  • Are knowledge assets available where problem solving is happening?

But, wait, there is more.  The right deployment isn’t enough for knowledge flow.  The knowledge assets must also adapt and evolve over time and use.  I discuss this point and more in my next blog.

In my next blog, It’s Always Time to Adapt- It’s Critical to Knowledge Flow,  I will go into more detail on how Discovery Machine improves knowledge assets overtime. See 6 Steps to Boomerang Expertise for our full approach.

15 thoughts on “How to Deploy Knowledge Assets to Enable Knowledge Flow

1. Pingback: 6 Steps to Boomerang Expertise in 2013 « Discovery Machine, Inc.

2. Pingback: A Powerful Way to Make Your Knowledge Flow | Discovery Machine Blog

3. anti agingNo Gravatar

I have been surfing online greater than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any
    fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely price sufficient
    for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as
    you probably did, the net might be much more helpful than ever before.

4. PaulineNo Gravatar

You’ve made some good points there. I looked on the
    web for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go along
    with your views on this site.

5. ChiquitaNo Gravatar

Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
    could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

6. running with scissorsNo Gravatar

I am now not certain where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I must spend a while finding out much more or working out more.
    Thanks for fantastic information I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.

7. AnnelieseNo Gravatar

Reverse Phone Check is our top select with a 99.7%
    recovery rate. Reverse Phone Check was able to pass significantly more of the comprehensive examinations than some other reverse phone search program.

Reverse Phone Check provided us because of
    the information we sought, for every single variety of multitude they reported.

Review my web-site … phone detective; Anneliese,

8. AbigailNo Gravatar

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular
    basis, this website is truly pleasant and the viewers are in fact sharing fastidious thoughts.

my web blog – facebook.com (Abigail)

9. removewat 2.2.6No Gravatar

This will rename the Software Distribution folder to the new name of Soft – Dis – Temp.
    Those with Math Wrath or 9 points in Intelligence can point
    out that a slash through the zero will denote that it’s a number and solve his problem.
    They lost one satellite concerning months past attributable to a collision with a
    Russian satellite. EJB: EJB are known as enterprises Java beans and the most popular
    J2EE technology. Faster checkouts are especially important for smaller impulse
    purchases where we’ve found mobile operator billing can convert
    as much as 10 times better than credit cards.

10. Austin Reed Discount CodeNo Gravatar

Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity to your publish is just
    cool and i could think you’re an expert in this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with
    approaching post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please continue the rewarding work.

11. Amaysim Coupon CodeNo Gravatar

great put up, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don’t notice this.
    You should proceed your writing. I’m confident, you have a
    huge readers’ base already!